Having a strong collections operation is critical for your credit union to achieve financial success and lending success. A strong collections department allows you to take on more risk in lending and that means you can approve more loans for members. In this session you will learn:
- The three types of delinquencies.
- The three keys to successful collections.
- Underwriting mistakes that lead to excessive loan losses.
- Common mistakes made in collections.
- Management tips for running a better collections department.
- Sample variable pay plans for collectors.
Lending Incentive Programs That Work
Designing successful variable pay plans for credit unions is one-part science and an equal part art. Nearly all of the top-performing lending credit unions in the country utilize pay for performance and incentive programs to motivate their staff. The challenge comes in designing incentive programs that are simple, effective and fair.
In this session, Brett addresses:
- Should all employees be rewarded for reaching certain financial targets?
- Which employees should have a variable pay plan?
- Should you utilize group or individual incentive programs?
- How to prevent a large additional payroll expense without achieving the needed financial result.
- Suggested incentive structure for senior management, middle management and front-line staff.
- How to end the whining about aggressive variable pay plans in the loan department